Author Topic: 224 Valkyrie  (Read 786 times)

Offline lobojo

• View Profile
224 Valkyrie
« on: October 24, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »
I do not post much on here but I do browse about and read your comments.   I am curious if most of you would recommend an AR-15 224 Valkyrie to your relatives or friends?

Offline DangerousDan

• View Profile
Re: 224 Valkyrie
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
Heck yes but I do that with all guns

Offline Liberator52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 07:47:39 PM »
Yup !

Offline lobojo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 01:23:03 PM »
Two recommendations so far.    Some 224V's shoot but most do not or only shoot lighter bullets well.   It was built around the 90 grain sierra match king.   So if a particular rifle does not shoot an 88, 90 or 95's  well I would not recommend it.  All the gun publications who reported on the 1300 yard range of the V and not much on the accuracy have pretty much silently moved on to promoting the 6mm ARC.   

Offline DangerousDan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 09:44:22 AM »
Not To Rain On Your Parade But shooting Magazings are ment to sell things .... Look at when the 223 Val come out . The 6 mm is a Great Bullet I just Finished off my project a 6MM Val  in my old Crazy eyes it will be a touch better then the 6 ARC But I don't Buy loaded ammo and load all my own . So having a SAMI load means nothing to Me  ...I have three 224 Val 2 AR'S and one bolt gun They all shoot Great From 75 Gr to 95 GR . The Bore DIA of the 6mm may allow me to pick the speed up But I won't know till I shoot a few and clock there speeds Range N Accurauracy I had to figure out the 224 Val this new monster the 6mmVal will be the same . And you may say why did you just not Buy or Build a 6MM ARC  Because you can't find Brass anywhere and when some things first come out there are kinks . so I like to work My kinks out for My self .. Hope this info helps you sounds like you have your mind made up you were Fishing  DD

Offline lobojo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
I was just curious how many would recommend the 224 V as so many people had trouble finding accuracy.   I bought two uppers and the first one I could not get to shoot heavy bullets.  It would shoot 77 grain hand loads consistently under 3/4" but not the heavy ones.   The 2nd. upper I purchased will shoot the 88's between .5 and .6" consistently with Varget.  The 90 SMK's shoot the best with accuracy between .3 to .5" 5 shot groups.   The 95 SMK's shoot well with groups slightly larger than the 90's.   Yes, if you want to spend the money, you can find a Valkyrie that can shoot.   Has Savage and the rest come up with affordable rifles that will shoot with decent accuracy?   It used to sound like so many were disappointed with accuracy, as I was too with my first purchase.   I did not post on here to cause trouble, I was just curious.   Not many replies.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 05:43:16 PM »
Seems like you have some knowledge of the subject, so just curious as to why you would ask that question on a pro Valkyrie website?

Offline lobojo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 07:54:15 AM »
I guess I posted on a pro 224 Valkyrie forum for the same reason I read so many comments on here about poor accuracy and poor brass life.   Anyway cheers and hope you all had a Happy Halloween.

Offline Xaddo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 05:07:41 AM »
I have around 1800 rounds through my AR Valkyrie and it is still .5 moa. Just shot a new bolt gun yesterday I had built for a friend and during break in it was printing sub .5 groups with factory ammo. Im sure it will be a 1/4 moa rifle when I develop a load for it. I had trouble finding accuracy with mine at first but when I found an accurate load it has been consistently accurate for the life of the barrel ( which I assume is coming to an end soon)I would recommend a Valkyrie to someone who is up for the possible challenge of finding accuracy. I will definitely rebarrel mine and keep at it. It has proven to be a capable round at long range

Offline Danno_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 10:43:20 PM »
I have over 3000 rounds with no change in accuracy. This cartridge is not a barrel burner.

Offline Olga37

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 11:36:02 PM »
hi! found a great Dating site for us https://bit.ly/2IMtWQf

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk