Author Topic: hard to find bullets these days  (Read 167 times)

Offline DangerousDan

• View Profile
hard to find bullets these days
« on: December 26, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »
2020 has been a crap year for reloading components I hope this helps some of you out Blue Collar reloading  has a far deal on Hornady .224 75 grain pills BTHP With calanture  one of my guns loves 75 gr  they are 42.50 per 250 that is .17 cents a each  you can save more if you buy more  Hope this helps some of you out DD

Offline Xaddo

• View Profile
Re: hard to find bullets these days
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 05:18:53 AM »
Thanks DD. I see some sites have 90 grain Fed Fusion projectiles “coming soon”. Are there any other HUNTING bullets around 90 grains being offered? This was what the Valkyrie was designed to shoot , but the Fusions are the only hunting bullet in that weight that I have ever seen and so far only in loaded ammo. What is everyone else hunting deer with? I have shot a few with ELD-Ms but they are not designed for hunting

Offline DangerousDan

• View Profile
Re: hard to find bullets these days
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »
MY Nephew shot a deer  at 220 yards with 224 Val loaded with Berger 85.5 VLD Target  wow it made a mess blew a 3 inch exit hole deer did not take a step  it was a very impressive kill , He shot one the year before with 90 fed it went 10 or 20 yards pretty much same shot placement high neck shot . I am going to pop a Antelope the next fall with mine if I can I would like todo it 300 to 400 yards
DD