Author Topic: Stock/Buffer Combo  (Read 326 times)

Offline Shockwave

• View Profile
Stock/Buffer Combo
« on: September 06, 2018, 04:34:33 AM »
Curious to what everyone is running for a stock/buffer/spring Combo.  I'm hoping to run my standard carbine but after my first few test firings, my brass was ejecting at about 1:30-2:00. I may need to go rifle length buffer tube or try to run a heavier buffer on my carbine setup.  Thanks guys.

Offline Alaska_guy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stock/Buffer Combo
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:56:10 AM »
Using standard carbine stuff.  Non adjusting gas block and haven't had a single issue.  I have around 400 rounds down range so far.

Offline binazone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
On my PSA 20" with adjustable gas block, I have a Magpul rifle length stock and buffer and the gas block "tuned" to the load. Eject at 3 - 3:30 about 5' away. On the other hand, when I use the Fed 75 grain TMJ for zeroing or to foul the barrel, it ejects at 1:30 - 2:00 with the same setup.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
Just thinking out loud but if your Valkyrie I assume has a rifle length gas system and  you're running it on a carbine lower it's going to be undergassed.

Offline Shockwave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
Interesting.  At the time I was using the Federal 75 grain TMJ rounds.  Maybe I'll try adjusting the gas block that came on my PSA upper.  Just not sure which screw adjusts the gas flow.  Either the side or the front.  Maybe someone here who has a PSA upper may know.

Offline highside

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »
Rifle length system, Adams Arms piston system, Magpul PRS rifle tube with an Armaspec carbine spring spacer and Spikes tungsten 4 oz buffer. Works great.
Did you know there are rings around Uranus?

18 XRAY Embrace the  suck.

Offline Catman4127

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »
24” BSF barrel, Ergo 8 position stock with JP tuned spring and Spike’s 4 oz Tungsten buffer. Has rifle +2 gas system. Had to use slower burn powder, like H380, or CFE 223 to get it to eject at 4:00.

Offline aziroc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
I'm using a PRS stock with JP SCS w/ heavy spring

Offline Foil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
I'm using a JP-Rifle Silent Buffer carbine H2, and a Superflative Arms adjustable gas block.

One range trip to tailor it to my handloads and not a single malfunction since.  Tested it with the cheap 70gr FMJ Federal stuff and no malfunctions with that either.  Runs suppressed and unsuppressed equally reliably.

If you don't want to spend the money on the JP Silent Buffer (yeah, it's expensive), I'd say a milspec carbine H2 is probably going to perform the exact same.  But it sure is nice not getting the AR "SPROING" in your ear when you're firing suppressed.....