Author Topic: Two Stage Trigger  (Read 1128 times)

Offline justDee

• View Profile
Two Stage Trigger
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
My next upgrade for my Valkyrie will be a two stage trigger.  After the money I've put into it so far, I hate to be 'chinchy' and go cheap, but I can't afford, at the moment, to go expensive.  The Rock River two stage comes highly recommended by friends of mine that use them and they are in the $100 price range. 
I'm thinking the Varmint model, at 3.5 pounds, sounds about right for my setup.

Offline kindabitey

• View Profile
Re: Two Stage Trigger
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »
Larue Tactical has the MBT-2S triggers on sale for 87.00.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/
Maliois- French for "You don't want one"
Because it's fun, and I can, that's why

Offline justDee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 12:33:11 PM »
Thanks, I'll probably buy one next pay check.

Offline towerofpower93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:24:57 PM »
Larue Tactical has the MBT-2S triggers on sale for 87.00.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Have you used the MBT personally? Nice clean two stage break? 'Snaps like a carrot' a la a Geissele two stage?

Thinking about getting one for a 9mm AR that won't reset a Geissele SSA 100% of the time due to the bolt being ramped and Glock'd.

Figure for $87 I'm not out much and can save it for the next AR15 build I do if it doesn't work in the 9.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:47:32 AM by towerofpower93 »

Offline kindabitey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »
I've shot several rifles that belong to my smith that have them installed. I can't any difference between them and my Geissele that cost twice as much. I can honestly say that I've never gotten anything from Larue that wasn't as advertised. I'll most likely order a couple to have around for future use.
Maliois- French for "You don't want one"
Because it's fun, and I can, that's why

Offline aziroc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 12:03:16 AM »
For the price, there is no excuse for the MBT to not be in your rifle.   I'm not a LaRue fanboy by any means, but for $87 (or $99 for the old price) you cant beat it for the price. 

That being said, after you get that trigger start saving your pennies and get a geissele HSNM.   It blows away the MBT but also costs 4x as much. 

Offline towerofpower93

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:47:09 AM »
Thanks for the replies, gents.

Will pick up an MBT today.

I put a Geissele SSF in my M16 when it finally transferred to me and liked the two stage portion in semi-auto so much I went ahead and put their SSA two stage triggers in all my AR15s up to this point.

The AR9 bolt and SSA being just a fraction of an inch too far away from each other to get 100% reset was frustrating, but here's to hoping the MBT fixes that so I can take the gritty mil-spec single stage out of the lower and toss it back in the parts bin.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:59:45 AM by towerofpower93 »

Offline Romad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 09:17:29 PM »
I just installed the MBT in my new Valkyrie and man I love that thing. Going to order a few more. The $87.00 special only runs thru December so we still have time to grab one, or two or.........

Offline blk91gt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 09:25:54 PM »
I have had great results with the AR Gold trigger. I have used at least four or five other triggers (not all Two Stage) and so far this is my favorite.
It is adjustable. I am using one in a large frame AR and the other in a small frame platform.

Offline Ryan_otto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
Love my G SSA-E!  Been wanting to try the Larue MBT though

Offline FLshooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
Another thumbs up for the Larue MBT 2S trigger.For under $100 delivered,you wonít do better.I have 3 of them.1st stage measures 1.5 lbs and 2nd stage is 2lb.1st stage isnít too long.2nd stage is crisp.Best bang for the buck.Very affordable,I am sure Iíll get more for my future builds.
Only trigger that beats it is the Geisele fully adjustable National Match.I have one in my 6.5 Grendel build.1st stage is 1.5lb .2nd is 1 lb.Smooth as butter.Breaks like glass.But,it costs $329 on sale!If you can afford it,get it.Youíll love it.If you are serious about shooting LR with consistent accuracy,get this one.If I do  a 224 Valkyrie 24Ē Bartlein heavy barrel build,you can be certain the lower will have a Geiselle National Match Trigger on it.