Author Topic: Kinda Quiet  (Read 173 times)

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
Kinda Quiet
« on: September 07, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »
Got home from work. Been a hot week. Mowed the yard. Lapped the Valkyrie receiver. Put the Valkyrie
back together. Sitt'n down drinkin a cold one. Life is good

Offline highside

• View Profile
Re: Kinda Quiet
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »
Been milling out lowers and building rifles. It's a blast. Really.
Did you know there are rings around Uranus?

18 XRAY Embrace the  suck.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
Building,modifying,accurizing, anything to do with guns is true fun.
Looks like maybe no range time today since the remnants of Gordon arrived yesterday. Still raining.

Offline justDee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:36:52 AM »
I'm out of powder and primers, but I've spent my time cleaning and prepping about 2500 rounds of 223 brass for when I do get powder/primers.  Still haven't gotten dies for the 224 yet, but I am shooting that factory 77 gr TMJ stuff and saving the brass.  While I'm waiting for the dies, I just read the reloading posts and watch YouTube videos on other peoples experiences. 
The 'dog days' of summer are about over!

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
Doing the same thing as last Friday night. 54 hour work week is done.Yard is mowed. Dog  is fed. Lots of Valkyrie and 223W loaded up. No rain in sight. Big day at the range tomorrow  :)

Offline justDee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:39 AM »
I worked all weekend pulling overtime, but did manage to stop by the range and get some primers (CCI #400) and a pound of Alliant AR-Comp.  Haven't tried that powder yet but I'm anxious to see how it performs in my 223 Wylde.  Ended up getting a batch loaded, minimum to maximum, for testing and hoping to do that this week if it will dry out.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
I had a bad barrel on an ar I wound up with in a trade and bought an ar-stoner barrel from Midway in 223W. It was cheap so I dropped in an RA140 trigger too.
A load of 25 grains of Varget under a 69 SMK shoots in the .2ís so regularly itís almost boring.