Author Topic: PSA 20" Valkarie opinions  (Read 112 times)

Offline Randy_Lahey

• View Profile
PSA 20" Valkarie opinions
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
I have 2 PSA 20" Valkarie barrels.   I'm a bit concerned after reading that PSA may have been using the "bad" chamber reamer resulting in anything over 75gr FMJ not shooting well.

I've shot both setups and have been relatively happy with them.  Shoots the Federal 75gr FMJ at 1MOA or so.  I've only shot Federal 90gr fusion otherwise and that seems to shoot MOA with an occasional flier every 3-5 shots that bring the group out to 2-3 MOA.

I am going to start reloading this week with Hornady 75gr, 80gr, and 88gr ELD match bullets.   I've heard the 80/88's won't shoot well in the "bad" reamer chambers.

Can anyone assuage my fears that I'll be wasting my time developing loads for these barrels?   I guess either way I'll load some up to test, but I hear this is a very finicky round anyway to find the right combo with.   I guess I need some validation from other's that they are having good success with similar pills.
thx

Offline Alaska_guy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PSA 20" Valkarie opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »
80gr eld's shoot great out of my PSA.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
Re: PSA 20" Valkarie opinions
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:19:45 PM »
88 ELD's with either Power Pro 2000MR or WIN760 produced sub MOA groups in 8 of 13 tested loads
in my Wilson Combat barrel with the mile long throat. 4 of those loads were very close to half MOA.