Author Topic: AR 15 Performance has discontinued for now the 224 Valkyrie barrel offerings  (Read 416 times)

Offline binazone

• View Profile
Anybody know why and for how long?

Offline Bluehaze

• View Profile
  This is the reply I received to a similiar inquiry:

AR Performance <orders@ar15performance.com>
Wed, Dec 26, 2018, 11:44 AM (8 days ago)
to me

Iím sorry we have put a hold on any Valkyrie production until the ammo companies have time to straighten out the mess.  The screw up PTG made on the reamers have nearly killed the Valkyrie and it may take some time before the ammo companies figure out which chamber they have in their test barrels.  Federal may have put out the chamber spec but they may have been using bad reamers and barrels to test the ammo they were producing.  Same thing can be said for Hornady.  Anyway I donít have any plans to produce any Valkyrie barrels in the next 6-8 months.

Offline binazone

• View Profile
Very nice to finally get an answer. Thanks. Can we assume from this that all the Valkyrie product from AR15P and other barrel makers previously / currently available is not at SAAMI specs?

Offline fledge

• View Profile
Very nice to finally get an answer. Thanks. Can we assume from this that all the Valkyrie product from AR15P and other barrel makers previously / currently available is not at SAAMI specs?

ARP first run was not SAAMI. The second run was.  Most barrel markers have straightened it out. Some never had an issue. Contact your maker if you have issues with long freebore.

Offline Constructor

• Vendor
    • View Profile
    • ARP- AR Performance
Actually most barrels have not been fixed. They are just selling the barrels so they don't lose money. Many are saying they are SAAMI spec when they are not. I've had arguments on forums with some manufactures trying to convince me a chamber with a .100" freebore is to spec. Anyone can read the spec and see the spec is .050", a .100 freebore causes excess jump to the lans and poor accuracy.
The bottom  line is if you have to load the 90smk longer than mag length to get near (.010-.020 off)the lands the chamber is NOT SAAMI.  All of the elds have .028" in a SAAMI chamber jump when they are loaded to 2.30.  They jump apx .070" when loaded to 2.3 in an out of spec chamber. 
AR15Performance.com
I've given up posting facts, those spreading BS outnumber me.

Offline Adamsco

• View Profile
So how would the basic person.no if the barrel is fixed right or not? especialy if we ainít reloaders and try to seat the bullets close to rifling.

Offline Constructor

• Vendor
    • View Profile
    • ARP- AR Performance
You would have to take it to a good smith that really understands how to figure it out.
AR15Performance.com
I've given up posting facts, those spreading BS outnumber me.

Offline Adamsco

• View Profile
Be nice if the ones who created this cartridge.made all the barrel companies get them in spec.and not to be allowed to sale the ones thatís not.