Author Topic: Brave enough to pet a Rhino  (Read 124 times)

Offline justDee

• View Profile
Brave enough to pet a Rhino
« on: January 11, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »
Not really related to the Valkyrie but thought I'd post this of my daughter petting a rhino.  She wasn't too brave to start with, but she did end up petting them both.  A female and a big male.  We were in Namibia, the country just north and west of South Africa this past June on a hunt.  A bow hunt, no firearms.  It was for her and she took four of the five animals on her list, all with her bow.  I'm very proud of her for the accomplishment.  This video was shot on an afternoon off from hunting, at the Omaruru Game Preserve, just outside of Omaruru, Namibia.  They have lodges there and can provide the whole "African" game drive experience.  I was not feeling well when I shot this video, in fact, once we got back to our lodge, I went straight to bed and slept in the next morning.  I only got one of her bow kills on camera and that was of the warthog.  You can find that on our YouTube channel.  Here's the rhino.

Offline Hammerhead

• View Profile
Re: Brave enough to pet a Rhino
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
Great video. The size of a rhino is pretty intimidating to just about anyone. My daughter and son in law have been to
Ghana on mission trips, Not all that far from where you were. They will tell you Africa is a very special place.