Author Topic: 224 Valkyrie Suppressed  (Read 372 times)

Offline dclary12

• View Profile
224 Valkyrie Suppressed
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:10:06 AM »
I am curious how everyones rigs are operating when shooting with a can. I am and have been looking into Adjustable block to alleviate the blowback and what not because it is definitely over gassed.

Offline aziroc

• View Profile
Re: 224 Valkyrie Suppressed
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
I have a semi auto 224V and run a saker 762 on it. 

I have no issues; but I went "all out" in parts.  JP SCS with 3 tungsten weights and heavy spring and an adjustable gas block.  The recoil is beyond tame and easy to do follow up shots. 

Offline Ryan_otto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 06:42:44 AM »
I sun a sico omega on mine, no problems

Offline a12driver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:32:05 PM »
Just went to the range today with my Valkyrie and tried a can on it. I used a Coastal Gun MIMS 9mm suppressor that I bought over 10 years ago to use on my 300 Whisper upper and on a Beretta CX4 Storm. I contacted the manufacture several years ago to ask about using the can on a 308, but they said since the can is all aluminum it would not handle the pressure. I decided to try it on the Valkyrie for a few rounds. Worked great! Shot about 30 rounds through it at 500 yards. Interesting to hear the sonic crack as the round goes down range and then the solid smack as it hits the steel. Did see a slight change in the point of impact but was able to hit a six inch plate consistently and a 3 inch plate several times as well. Cleaned the can when i got home and saw no ill effects on the tube or the baffles.

Offline 1000 yrd guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 05:50:21 AM »
I gave up on shooting with my Sig can,filthy carbon everywhere, I shoot unsuppresed now but did put the Noveski adjustable block on to try and see if it cleaned up the blowback I havent tested it yet but will soon.I was fouling out after like 70-80 firing with the can on.

Offline aziroc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
What buffer are you using?  If a stock, try and H2 or h3.  I've found slowing the bolt WAY down, along with an adjustable gas block, helps with that carbon buildup.