Author Topic: What Magazine so you use  (Read 757 times)

Offline MrSpradlin

• View Profile
What Magazine so you use
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »
I have been trying to figure out that is the BEST performing magazine that is more then a 10 rounder.

Whats your mag if choice.

Thanks
Matt

Offline 300Beyond

• View Profile
Re: What Magazine so you use
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
I posted a similar message.  I had problems with E-lander and Stoner magazines.

The Stoners were purchased in the 15 round configuration.  If I loaded more than ten rounds, the top cartridge would take a nose-dive into the feed ramp.

Oh, and don't get me started on bending the feed lips.  I was fortunate to have an MPA magazine tool that took care of the feed lips.

The gentleman that answered my question told me to get the PRI magazines.  I bought 4 to try them out and they were flawless.  Then I got six more.

The best price I could find was at Midway USA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2367576975?pid=734854

If you notice the difference between the Stoner and the PRI, you will see that the PRI has a slight curve to it.  I believe this, among other things, helps to prevent the top cartridge from nose-diving into the feed ramp.

Offline MrSpradlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 11:18:06 PM »
Thanks for the info.
I dont want to play the game with stuff that doesnt work when I can ask for advice.

Offline Sepent408

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »
I have had better results with ASC 25 round 6.8 mags. There is enough front clearance within the mag to permit loading of my 88 ELDs to my most accurate single load OACL trials without creating the undesired "jump" associated with loading from a magazine.
 I have not experienced jambs or FTF issues during rapid-fire trials.
Serpent408